JellyPages.com

Wednesday 6 July 2016

The Conjuring 2 - **SPOILERS AHEAD**

Hey Creepy Crew

At this point you may or may not have seen the farcical video that my mother and I made on the way to / from going to see the Conjuring 2 at the cinema.
If you haven't you can check it out here...
Anywho, I went into this movie thinking I was going to make some chocolate nuggets in my pants, and if my sphincter wasn't as healthy as it is I think I probably would have! I was snuggled up to my mom the ENTIRE film and got through the anxiety of the extra scary bits by steaming up my glasses to try and take some of the jump factor away.
Note to self: this doesn't work.

 





I thought I would write this blog for all of the people who are a little bit on the 'scaredy cat' side (trust me, no judgement here I am one too!) and tell you about all of my favourite scary parts so that if you do pluck up the courage to watch this movie, you'll be expecting the jumpy jumps.
So, please have a read, and if you have seen the movie please comment what YOUR favourite parts were!
1. Valak
You more than likely will have seen this particular 'baddie' from the trailers etc for this movie. We find out that Valak is a demon who is using the other entities to do his bidding.
This mofo jumps out of here there and everywhere and is absolutely terrifying. I mean, what's not to be scared of? It's a decaying bloody nun who comes out of pictures to chase you - whilst screaming like a banshee. Damn, Valak was a great demon entity, who is present from the first scene to the last. From watching the movie, you get told why the nun outfit is used - basically to turn something so visually innocent into something so vile and evil. 
Lorraine was 'avin Nun of it.
2. The Crooked Man
One of the Hodgson children (Billy) has got a severe stutter, and to help combat this his sister Janet - you know, the one who gets possessed and shiz - sings a merry little tune with him from a music box called The Crooked Man. You can buy one of these delightful objects somewhere on the internet. I had a quick look for you but I couldn't find a suitable link! Anyway - the song that eminates from this children's toy is so freaky it's unreal. What's more freaky is when the goddamn crooked man gets his crooked self out of his crooked box and into my crooked nightmares.
Hey Girlfrien' you like my nails?
He kind of reminds me of the character of the Terrible Trivium from The Phantom Tollbooth movie. And he was awful enough...
Just move this pile of sand from here to here with some tweezers.
As mentioned before, the crooked man is one of the puppets that is used by Valak to break down the defences of Janet Hodgson, and I think the CGI and SFX are awesome with regards to his transformation and how he comes after the poor unfortunate souls involved.

In case you wanted to read, here is the full poem (which is infact real).
There was a crooked man, and he walked a crooked mile,
He found a crooked sixpence against a crooked stile;
He bought a crooked cat which caught a crooked mouse,
And they all lived together in a little crooked house.
3. Bill Wilkins

The main ghostie ghost that lives in the Hodgson house is an old man called Bill Wilkins that we find out died in the corner of the lounge in this manky ol' chair. Now, why oh why the family didn't get rid of this chair AS SOON as they found out someone passed away in it, I will never know, but hey ho. Bill is a 72 year old gentleman who passed away of a brain haemorrage and he wants his house back.
He will jump out of every crevice, be all raspy right next to your lug hole and basically scare the bejesus out of you for fun. We find out later why he does this - and even his 'leaving to go to heaven' scene is scarier than an 8 ft spider with wings.
Bill is the main perpetrator of the scares, and he uses Janet as a megaphone for his raspy nastiness. The makeup on this dude is wicked awesome, I have tried looking for a picture but the only baddie I can really find is Valak.
Old Man Trips: Whoaaa!
4. The Chemistry Between Vera and Patrick
We have seen Ed and Lorraine Warren portrayed in a couple of other movies, and I have got to admit, that I think Vera Farmiga and Patrick Wilson make an excellent on screen pair. They make the connection between them feel very real, and you can really feel Lorraine's pain when she has her visions about her husband's impending death.
  
'I think I left my straighteners on honey.'
5. The Music
In my last post, I talked about how music can really make an impact on how scary a movie is and how it helps bring about a f*ckton of tension.

The Conjuring 2 is slightly different - in the fact that there isn't a whole lot of intricate musical score, and instead of the high pitched whine of string instruments to indicate something bad is gon' happen; we get... silence.

And that silence is deafening.

Your whole body tenses up because you KNOW something is going to jump out / happen / make a fricking loud noise and there is NOTHING to indicate when it is going to happen. And these pauses happen often, but last for different lengths of time which keeps you on tenterhooks the whole. Damn. Time. My chest was hurting so much from being so tense when I walked out of the cinema. And I really loved it!

So there are 5 of my favourtie things about this movie, there are so many more things I could have spoken about, but I thought I'd leave SOMETHING for you to experience by yourself!

Please leave me some comments on what you thought about the movie and what your favourite bits were!

See you later Creepy Crew!

And remember,
Have a Scary Movie Sunday!


No comments:

Post a Comment