JellyPages.com

Thursday 12 May 2016

Rosemary's Baby

Hi Everyone!
Now I know it wasn't Sunday yesterday, but I was feeling a little glum... So what better to do that to watch a creepy movie!
Mr Scary Movie Sunday wasn't interested so he watched the football while I learned about the weirdoes that live next door to Rosemary and Guy Woodhouse.
Now, if you watch my videos, you will know that I watch my movies mainly from streaming apps ( Amazon Prime, Netflix and NowTV) and I have had Rosemary's baby on my Netflix watch list for an aaaaaaaaaaaage!
I tend to leave the pant-sh*ttingly scary movies until Sunday, can't risk watching that whilst I'm in bed at night!
I don't know whether you know the story of Rosemary's Baby, there is a book which the movie (directed by Roman Polanski) was based on. And I didn't know (until I announced to the Facebook world that I was watching this film and someone updated me) that there is also a remake! Say whaaaaaaaat.

I have tried watching this movie before and for some reason I gave up - I think it may have been one of thoses evening where I was home alone and thought better of it!

It kept me in suspense although I know in a round about way what the story is and it was a great movie. To be honest I would probably watch this again, and I will be interested to see the remake.

Here are my 10 of my favourite things about Rosemary's Baby (Spoilers ahead yo.)



1. Minnie Castevet
This woman is amazeballs. I love her crazy hair, I love her outrageous makeup and I love the fact that she poisons Ro Woodhouse with Chocolate Mouse! She also has the most amazing accent, so even though you know she is up to something sinister, you can't help but love her.

Your hair looks perfect dahling.

2. The Apartment
Apart from the demon-worshipping next door neighbours, the apartment that the Woodhouses move into is absolutely stunning! Wonderful large rooms with brilliant views over NYC. And I know it is made out as a joke in the movie, I love the fact that the apartment has a million-and-one closets. SO much storage! (I have a storage issue, I love cupboards and boxes).

3. Rosemary's Hair (Post-Haircut)
I used to have long hair, really long hair - and then there was the day I cut it all off. Very similarly to Ro, I went to the extreme and love it! So although Guy hated his wife's new do, I thought it was wonderful. And cut by Mr Vidal Sassoon!


'Are you for real?'


4. Mia Farrow's Wardrobe
All I can say, is WOW! I know that this is set in 1965-66 so Mia gets to wear some groovy clothing baby... Also, a lot of the dresses that Mia wears when Rosemary is pregnant are very run-of-the mill, which in my opinion adds to the whole suspense that this kind of business could happen to anyone... Yes that includes YOU!

5. Roman Castevet
Roman is the husband of Minnie, and he is so smooth that you would slide right off him. He exudes charisma and he has the most amazing story telling skills. He has travelled the world, seen the sights, and is also the head of a Satanic cult. What's not to love?! <<< Did you know this punctuation is called an interrobang?

6. This Scene
So, there is a lot of hallucinations within this movie, and my favourite part of all is when Ro has a vision of herself lying on her big fluffy double bed floating in a calm ocean under a lovely summery sky... Bliss. Which is a great tool to use to distract and not repulse the viewer when we realise in real life she was surrounded by saggy naked people whilst some man beast set upon her.  


Zzzzz


7. How Menacing Scrabble Can Be
One of the main 'turning points' in this movie is when Scrabble tiles are used to translate 'Tanas Root' - which is used to 'help' Rosemary feel better - into 'Satan Root'. We also find out the real name of the loopy legend who lives next door...

8. The Knowledge of Hutch
As I like to know as much as I can about the history of places / people / artefacts; Hutch was a great character tool. He is the previous landlord of our two hapless victims and he knows an awful lot about the new building that they are about to inhabit. From witches to cults to suicides, he updates the Woodhouses (as well as the viewer) and sets the scene from very early on that all is not what it seems in this well-to-do apartment block...

9. The Baby
The whole point of the satanists-next-door latching on to Ro and Guy was to of course, create the Antichrist. We don't ever get to see this baby, but we get to hear about him from cult members. 'Aww he has his fathers eyes!' And I bet that even though he was demon spawn, he was in SOME way cute... maybe not. The point I'm making is, we don't ever get to see him, which means that we can conjure up our own creepy images of him which I think sometimes is more horrid than being shown someone else's interpretation.

10. The 'Nice' Doctor

When Ro finally realises that all is not well (pun intended) with the Dr that the Castevets have made her go to throughout her pregnancy; she calls the original Dr that she used who seemed very nice and normal. She frantically tells him that she needs to see him immediately and that she thinks something is wrong. Whilst she is seeing him, he asks her to take a rest as she looks tired and she does just that. To then be woken up by her husband and Dr Devil to take her back to where the creature that resides within her is to be born. Traiterous. I must admit, when this happened my face looked very much like this:



Say whaaaaat?!

So there you go, a small and not as funny review of Rosemary's Baby. I think I would give this movie about 6/10 for scare factor, but it did keep me intrigued.

Thanks for reading, and remember

Have a Scary Movie Sunday!




No comments:

Post a Comment