JellyPages.com

Wednesday 3 August 2016

Film 4's 50 Must See Horror Movies - How Many Have You Seen?

Hey Creepy Crew!

I thought I would do a blogulicious like this one so that I can look back on the must see movies that I have seen, and also share with you which ones I haven't (please don't be offended, but there are some classics that I haven't seen!) You can view the webpage that I got this list from here!

So that you're not here forever reading this blog, I shall write ONE sentence which sums up my experience of these movies - this could be hard!

I would be interested to see which ones you haven't see too and if there is a popular one I make an event for us all to watch together!

50. Shutter Island (2010)
I guessed the ending right at the beginning, but still enjoyed it!

49. Pulse (aka Kairo) (2001)
Not seen this one, but I would LOVE to!

48. Black Swan (2010)
Had to watch behind my hands, and still had to turn the volume down.

47. The Mist (2007)
I imagine the book is much better than the movie.

46. The Innkeepers (2011)
Not seen or even heard of it!

45. Calvaire (2004)
I've never seen a Belgian film, and I think I need to make an effort to see this one.

44. American Psycho (2000)
I watched the 'It's Hip To Be Square' dance waaaaaaaay too many times!

43. Paranormal Activity (2007)
Nope nope nope nope nope.

42. Tucker & Dale vs. Evil (2010)
I've seen this one pop up on Netflix many times, but I thought it looked a bit too comedy for me.

41. We Are What We Are (2010)
Oh my... just read the blurb for this one and basically I NEED TO SEE IT NOW.

40. We Are What We Are (2013)
American remakes normally suck compared to the original, but I'd give it a watch.

39. Trollhunter (2010)
Apparently Norway is where it's at.

38. Wolf Creek (2005)
The thing that freaked me out about this the most was the phrase 'based on a true story'.

37. Trick ‘r Treat (2007)
Cute little murder person isn't cute on the inside.

36. Thirst (2009)
If it is in anyway shape or form as good as 'Oldboy', I'm totally in.

35. Martyrs (2008)
Less horror movie, more amazing, elaborate mindf*ck.

34. Amer (2009)
Read the blurb, still none the wiser.

33. May (2003)
One of the first movies that I reviewed!

32. Antichrist (2009)
I don't think I'm prepared for that scene, but I really want to catch this movie.

31. The Woman (2011)
This one is already on the watch list.

30. Dark Water (2002)
I remember watching the advertisements for this movie, and they scared the bejesus out of me!

29. Cabin In The Woods (2012)
Amazing concept, well executed.

28. Them (Ils) (2006)
Never heard of this one, and the blurb doesn't draw me in.

27. Berberian Sound Studio (2012)
Apparently it is based on the deconstruction of the Italikan horror genre - can't say I've even heard of this UK film.

26. Detention (2011)
This looks more Scary Movie than horror film.

25. Saw (2004)
I still remember the feeling of nausea that overcame me when I found out where Jigsaw was.

24. House Of The Devil (2009)
Looks like a groovy independent film.

23. Session 9 (2001)
I've seen this one floating about my streaming apps, I put it on my list but unfortunately I didn't get to watch it!

22. Timecrimes (2007)
This sounds like an awesome film that you can watch many times and still get new information!

21. Sleep Tight (2011)
This Spanish film sounds like it could be something that could happen in real life - my favourite!

20. The Others (2001)
This film is like coming home - such an enchanting tale with an unexpected twist.

19. You're Next (2011)
Although I knew the ending of this film before I watched it, I still loved the fast paced action.

18. A Girl Walks Home Alone At Night (2014)
This movie sounds almost too cool to be scary.

17. Spring (2014)
The blurb doesn't give me the impression that this is scary in any way.

16. Lake Mungo (2008)
This film sounds very ominous, in a Paranormal Activity kind of way.

15. Inside (2007)
Not gonna lie, this movie sounds badass and like I need to see it in the near future.

14. Switchblade Romance / High Tension (2003)
Apparently this is an utter gore fest; I'll make sure to wear my rain mac.

13. Shaun Of The Dead (2004)
Horror, really?!

12. Pontypool (2008)
Sounds a bit radio gaga.

11. Ginger Snaps (2000)
I've never seen it, but Mr Scary Movie Sunday seems to enjoy this one.

10. The Loved Ones (2009)
Her name was Lola, and she sounds a bit stalker murdery.

9. [REC] (2007)
I remember watching this movie by accident, I think it was just on the TV - all I can say is creepy lady zombies.

8. Kill List (2001)
I love cult / religious horror so I think this could be right up my street.

7. The Orphanage (2007)
I'm pretty sure I've seen this; and I'm also pretty sure it didn't really keep my attention.

6. A Tale Of Two Sisters (2003)
IF YOU HAVEN'T SEEN THIS FILM YOU NEED TO RECTIFY THIS IMMEDIATELY.

5. The Babadook (2014)
This film gave me nightmares.

4. It Follows (2014)
Moral of the story: Have sex with as many people as physically possible (just in case).

3. The Descent (2005)
Have a fear of the dark and / or claustrophobia? Give this one a miss.

2. The Devil's Backbone (2001)
Tried watching it, didn't understand it - will try again.

1. Let The Right One In (2008)
The original version of the US movie 'Let Me In' - I've heard that this one is a lot better.

So, I hope you have enjoyed reading this blog - my totals are:

Seen - 20 out of 50

That's abysmal - but I may do something similar for greatest horror movies in a set time frame and I will work on watching some of these ones! A lot of the ones I haven;'t seen are foreign movies so it may take a little effort to get a hold of them but I'm sure they will be worth it!

Remember,
Have a Scary Movie Sunday! 

No comments:

Post a Comment